SolarGIS is a geographic information system designed to meet the needs of the solar energy industry. SolarGIS integrates solar resource and meteorological data with web-based applications to support planning, development, and operation of solar energy systems.
- Main Benefits of SolarGIS
- Global understanding of solar resource availability
- Best quality data with high level of detail
- Better decision making
- What can you do with SolarGIS
- Site selection for solar energy projects - iMaps and other digital maps
- PV yield simulation - pvPlanner
- Purchase bankable solar and meteorological data - climData
- PV performance assessment - pvSpot and operational data services
How is SolarGIS created?
Solar radiation is computed by GeoModel Solar using in-house developed and operated meteorological models. We use satellite and atmospheric data as input. The performance of the models is validated against data from several high-quality meteo stations located worldwide. More detailed information is available in the SolarGIS data specification document (PDF).
Download the information leaflet (1 MB) about SolarGIS.
More details about SolarGIS applications:
- iMaps »
- climData »
- pvPlanner »
- pvSpot »
- dataServices »
- solarMaps »
Other SolarGIS products:
|Visit SolarGIS »|